Individualized and complete dog training services for the Greater Sacramento area.
Get in Touch with Us
While most dog training businesses require you to sign up for traditional training packages with limitations, we have found this method to be too restrictive with both progression and the value for your money. Instead, we offer pay as you go services, that are completely individualized, at whatever pace you choose. This allows us to facilitate the behavioral progression and mental strength we seek in each canine. We are constantly improving our techniques and services to ensure we are giving our clients the best value for their time and money. If you are unsure about where to start, no worries! Just contact us and we can help guide you to the services that will fit your family.
We offer a wide range of beginning and advanced obedience training, including basic house and public manners, behavioral issues such as aggression, fear, and anxiety, CGC/AKC titles, foundational SAR and service dog training, as well as many sport titles including IPO.
Our protection services include deterrent work, family and home protection, personal protection, and sport/IPO work. We will help you find a dog, if needed, and tailor a program specifically for you. Protection training includes advanced obedience training and is required in order to progress in protection.
With our knowledge of breeds and years of experience we help you find and pick a dog that will be right for your family. This can include consultations, evaluations of puppies/dogs, as well as us using our network of professional breeders and shelters to find the perfect companion.
- This service is required for all new clients.
- The evaluation is between 30-60 minutes, depending on how many issues you would like to discuss and have us evaluate. We will spend time talking with you about our philosophy of training and what type of program we feel will be best. The evaluation can be held at your home or at our facility.
- This service is for those who want hands-on training and quick explanations of the processes. Progress is heavily dependent on your time commitment and ability to practice what is taught in class.
- Our group class is for those just starting out to those polishing their advanced skills. The unique structure of the class allows for everyone to work on their individual needs while working with our trainer and observing others. Class is 30 minutes to 2 hours. You can leave as soon as your finish your turn or stay to observe and practice what you heard by participating with others during their turn.
- This service allows for more in-depth discussion of the training processes as well as a hands on approach for those owners wanting to be involved in the training. Progress is dependent on your time commitment and ability to practice what is taught during the session.
- Private Sessions can be booked for 30 or 60 minutes at our facility, your home, or another location that would aid in training. We break down the training process for you and show you step by step what is needed while addressing issues directly and answering questions throughout.
- This service is for those who want us to take care of the training. We will explain everything you need to know on how to maintain the training that we have done. Progress occurs more quickly than through group classes or private sessions.
- In-Kennel training times can range from a day train to a full 6 week program. This is a fully customizable program where we train, expose, and socialize your dog(s). We work on behavioral issues, teach obedience, and proof the training.
“So happy to have found Canine Purpose, only wish I had found them sooner!!”Nicole
“The customized training is really fantastic, Weston’s love for the dogs shows in his patience, kindness and firm hand in training.”Karen
“These guys are the best! We bring our dog from San Francisco because they are not only the best in Sacramento but all of Northern California!”The Berta Family and ‘Zeva’
“They are the best!! My pup loves them!!”The Steed Family and ‘Ziva’
“Weston and Elise have helped our family to make the most well-rounded, well-behaved, kind, loving dog we’ve ever had, Aero. Aero absolutely adores Weston and loves to work hard for him. We are so happy we found you…and we look forward to training and boarding in the future.”The Miller Family and ‘Aero’
“Excellent training, extremely knowledgeable and honest. Very important traits when trusting a trainer with our best friends.”Cindy
“These guys know what they are doing! Lots of great tips and very reasonable.”Dan
“Awesome people and the best trainers!”Marylou
“High Praise for motivation and skill. Training, Basic, Advanced, IPO and Show Ring Training… what more could you ask for!”Brian
“Very nice people and very knowledgeable dog trainers. They are great people to work with!”Susan
“Great trainers for a new puppy and really helping my kids (9 and 12) participate in the process too!”The Ratlif Family and ‘Lyki’
“We are so happy we have found Canine Purpose. As long as we have dogs we plan to use Canine Purpose to help us. Weston is knowledgeable, kind and patient with our dog. We have worked with other trainers but Weston’s knowledge and ability is far superior to anyone we have worked with. He gets results, knows exactly what he is doing and our dog loves him.”Caryn
“I am so happy that we found Weston and Elise to train our dogs. They are very good at training and our dogs love them. Our dogs are very well behaved thanks to the training we received from Canine Purpose. I vote you guys the best in our area and will continue to refer you to our friends and family. Way to Go, Weston and Elise keep up the great work. Thank You!”Theresa
“These are the best people that you will ever meet and they care about every family member. They are hard workers and will help in any way that they can.”Brittney
“Excellent trainer for competitive working dogs and Weston and Elise also do pet dogs!”Cathy
“Weston and Elise are very nice caring people who are helping us with some specialized training. We are very pleased with the progress of our dog.”Jennifer
“Our experience with Canine Purpose could not have been better. Through the years I had worked with a number of trainers and I think I was a fairly competent handler. Weston was by far the best trainer/handler I had ever worked with. He is intelligent, articulate, compassionate and never lets ego get in his way. To start with, he was compassionate to both our German Shepherd and us. He listened, and most importantly, he was able to properly diagnose/assess the problem accurately and knew exactly what to do in order to correct the behaviors. Weston had such confidence in his own ability that he was able to guide us with amazing gentleness and accurateness – and the best thing was that Levi responded with the same quietness that Weston exudes. Weston’s patience and knowledge was the perfect combination. We could not be happier with Weston and Canine Purpose and will continue to work with him as our dog’s temperament and our goals are such that this will always be a work in progress. I would recommend Weston unquestioningly to anyone with a dog. He has made such a difference in our lives and we are so thankful we found Canine Purpose.”The Peck Family and ‘Levi’
“Weston and Elise have been a real help with training me and my puppy Dax. I have a strong male German Shepherd and would like to title him. They have an innate ability to read both the dog and the handler on training needs to achieve a goal. They are patient with those of us whom sometimes ‘don’t get it at first’. Any my dog Dax just loves our training sessions, especially the protection part. Dax has really done well so far and has become a good dog at home.”Mike and ‘Dax’
“Weston and Elise were very dedicated to seeing our dog improve in his social interactions. They worked very diligently and professionally with us and our dog. We have also used their facility for boarding which was wonderful. Our dogs seemed very happy and well cared for when we picked them up. We have been very pleased with Canine Purpose.”The Hambly Family and ‘Topper’
“After having done several training courses with Petsmart and our own individual efforts, we just felt like we needed a bit more training. Both Weston and Elise helped us with one on one training as well as hosted our dog at their facilities for some time correcting the behaviors we couldn’t on our own. We love our dog even more so now with his enhanced obedience and training, thanks Canine Purpose!”The Doyle Family and ‘Loki’