- I understand that there are inherent risks associated with training, socializing, and working with dogs in general.
- I further understand that, due to the way that dogs interact with one another, bites, cuts, scratches, or bodily injury of any kind can occur to me or my dog, even when dogs are carefully supervised.
- I also understand that my participation in any of these activities is not without risks, including but not limited to tripping, falling, getting knocked down and jumped on, bitten, scratched.
- I am aware of all risks associated with training outdoors including environmental hazards, including but not limited to foxtails, trees, rocks, ticks, fleas, rattlesnakes, parasites.
- I understand dog behavior is unpredictable and other risks can include swallowing objects or foreign bodies and physical injuries while contained in a crate or kennel.
- I am aware that there may be risks for me and my dog associated with dock diving, including risk of injury due to malfunction of the pool or obstacles in the pool area.
Assumption of Risk
- I assume any and all responsibility for myself, any persons accompanying me, and my dog(s) during training, socializing, dock diving and any other work with Canine Purpose.
- I assume all risks associated with training outdoors and/or in the pool including environmental hazards.
- I assume all risks associated with an unaltered pet and will not hold Canine Purpose responsible for any unplanned breeding or pregnancy.
Training Rules and Medical Attention
- I agree to follow all rules, instructions, and any and all directions given to me by Canine Purpose during training.
- No dogs will be allowed off leash unless instructed by Canine Purpose.
- I understand that if my dog is in training with Canine Purpose for any length of time, whether supervised or unsupervised by myself, I give Canine Purpose the authorization to give my dog medical attention if the need arises for any reason.
- Medical services will be performed at Loomis Basin Veterinary Clinic and I will assume all charges associated with my dog.
- I represent and warrant that my dog is physically fit, has no medical condition that would prevent full participation in training, is free of any infectious disease, is on monthly preventative treatment for the control of fleas and heartworm, and is current on all appropriate vaccinations including Bordetella, distemper, parvovirus and rabies.
Venue and Severability
- This Liability Waiver shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, and any legal action related to or arising out of this Liability Waiver shall be commenced exclusively in the Superior Court in and for Placer County, California (or if the Superior Court shall not have jurisdiction over the subject matter thereof, then to such other court sitting in Placer County, California having subject matter jurisdiction).
- If any provision of this Liability Waiver shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Liability Waiver and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- I hereby release, waive, discharge, and promise not to sue the Released Parties (as defined below) of and from all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, and expenses of any nature arising out of, related to, or in any way connected with my (or any persons or property (including dogs) accompanying me) participation in training with Canine Purpose and/or any such related and associated activities, and further agree to indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all such liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including by way of example, but not limited to, all attorneys fees, costs of court, and the costs and expenses of other professionals and disbursements up through and including any appeal.
- I, for myself and any persons accompanying me, understand that this Liability Waiver includes any claims based on the negligence, action or inaction of any of the Released Parties and covers bodily injury (including, without limitation, death), property damage, and loss by theft or otherwise, whether suffered by me or any persons accompanying me either before, during or after such participation.
- For the purposes hereof, the Released Parties are Weston and Elise Kester (including their successors and assigns), Canine Purpose (including its affiliates, successors and assigns), and all other training clients of Canine Purpose.